Delban, also known as the Star of Ice and Hate, was a star-like Elder Evil from the Far Realm who had taken a place among stars of Realmspace. Unlike normal stars, Delban didn't have a fixed place in the sky but instead danced and wavered across Realmspace.
Delban was an ice white star.
Delban was usually visible only in winter, but sometimes it shone without reason in any other seasons, surprising scholars who studied stars. Of all the Far Realm-infested stars, Delban was the most cruel and bitter.
Sometime in the late 15th century DR, a vestige of Delban's power had found its way into the domain of Barovia in the Shadowfell, where it offered pacts with creatures who approached it. To those few Delban bestowed the gift of controlling magical cold, giving them the ability to use the cone of cold spell up to seven times, as well as temporary resistance to magical cold and low temperatures. Even non-warlocks could be granted this ability from the star. Those who were granted the gifts of Delban, however, became terrified of fire.
- Curse of Strahd (mentioned)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. In Kim Mohan ed. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 193. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Bruce R. Cordell (2009). City of Torment. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-07869-5184-0.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell (August 2008). “Wish Upon a Star”. In Chris Youngs ed. Dragon #366 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 193. ISBN 978-0786965622.
Comets: K'Thoutek • King-Killer Star
Nebulae: Galleon Nebula • Color Spray Nebula
Far Realm-infested stars: Acamar • Caiphon • Delban • Gibbeth • Hadar • Khirad • Nihal • Zhudun
Other astronomical bodies: Caer Windlauer • Skull of the Void • Sargassos