Devourers were fiends who acted in the service of Orcus. They were used to create armies of undead by consuming the bodies and souls of humanoids. Lesser demons could be promoted to devourers by proving themselves to Orcus.
A devourer created new undead by bringing a humanoid creature to the brink of death, and then trapping its victim inside its ribcage. While there, the devourer tortured its victim's soul with telepathic noise until death, after which an undead would come out in its service.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Owen K.C. Stephens (May 2007). “The Ecology of the Devourer”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #355 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), pp. 58–63.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 138. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 68. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 58. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Monte Cook, ed. (1998). Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III. (TSR, Inc.), p. 32. ISBN 0-7869-0751-7.