Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If the caster overcame the target's magic resistance (if any), then a momentary battle of wills ensued where the outcome was influenced by the relative difference in experience levels between the caster and the target. If the caster failed, then nothing happened, but if the caster succeeded then the creature was instantly banished from the plane of existence the creature and caster were on, back to its home plane. The caster had no control over where on the destination plane the creature would land, and indeed the newer version of this spell sometimes sent the creature to a plane that was not its home plane.
The newer version of this spell required the caster's holy symbol or divine focus and also verbal and somatic components. The older version also needed holy water and some material or item that was either harmful or distasteful to the creature. If the creature had a proper name, then the caster had to speak the name as part of the verbal component.
- Dismiss air elemental
- Dismiss earth elemental
- Dismiss fire elemental
- Dismiss water elemental
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 222. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 84. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 53. ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.
- ↑ Monte Cook (Oct 2002). Book of Vile Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 56. ISBN 0-7869-0672-3.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 167, 215. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 273. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 154. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 185, 187, 188. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Barry A. A. Dillinger (May 1996). “The Dimensional Wizard”. In Pierce Watters ed. Dragon #229 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 50–52.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (January 1998). Cult of the Dragon. (TSR, Inc), p. 125. ISBN 0-7869-0709-6.
- ↑ Sam Witt (January 1994). The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook. (TSR, Inc), pp. 124–125. ISBN 978-1560768289.