A displacer beast, also known as a dirlagraun, is a monstrous magical creature.
Displacer beasts are large cat-like creatures with six legs and a pair of long tentacles sprouting from their shoulders. They are covered in a pelt of blue-black fur. They are usually about 9 feet long and weigh as much as 500 pounds, but the occasional mutant can be twice this size.
Displacer beasts use their innate magic to bend light, making them appear to be a foot or two from their actual positions.
Like many big cats, displacer beasts are often pack hunters, although they are sometimes encountered alone.
On page 66 of the Monster Manual 3.5, the alignment of the beast is lawful evil, but in the Monster Manual 4th edition, the creatures' alignment has changed to unaligned. In the Monster Manual 5th edition has again become lawful evil.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 81. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 70. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 66–67. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 56. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (May, 2009). The Sword Never Sleeps. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 294. ISBN 978-0-7869-5015-7.