Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The divination school of magic contains spells that enable the caster to learn secrets long forgotten, interpret dreams, predict the future, to find hidden things or foil deceptive spells. Among them are included detect magic and scry. A wizard who specializes in divination is known as a diviner. Divination is often considered the "weakest" of the schools; specialist diviners need only forsake one other school, other than the normal two, and no other specialist can use Divination as one of their forsaken schools.
In 2nd edition D&D the divination school was divided into major/minor schools called greater/lesser divination. Lesser divination spells were available to all wizards regardless of specialization.
- Scrying: Spells from this subschool create an invisible sensor that allows the creator to experience events over long distances. Intelligent creatures can sometimes get the feeling that they are being watched while under this kind of observation, and several spells or even a simple lead sheet can interrupt the sensor.
- See also: Category:Divination spells
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ Richard Lee Byers (April 2007). Unclean. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 1. ISBN 978-0-7869-4258-9.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 173. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 57. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 31. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
Schools of effect
Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow
Schools of thaumaturgy
Artifice • Song • Wild magic
Zakharan provinces of magic
Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal
Chronomancy • Hishna • Pluma • Paths of power