Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The oldest version of the spell told of the strength of monsters and the value of treasure in a known area and if the caster would invoke forces of supernatural evil or good if they attempted to enter. It had a fairly good success rate that got better with the caster's ability.
For a later version, the caster inquired about a certain activity or event within the next seven days and received indications about success or failure of the venture. It would also tell if a goal would be advantageous for the caster. It had the same success rate as the previous version.
The next version of the spell performed similarly, but with a higher success rate.
The post-Sundering version of this spell functioned much the same as the previous ones. It could detect future events seven days into the future and give a short answer. However, each casting of the spell before a lengthy rest would induce a greater risk of getting a random answer.
Verbal and somatic components were needed for this spell, as well as incense and sacrificial offerings. The older versions needed gems for more powerful divinations, while the newer versions required only incense and a suitable offering, together worth 25 gold pieces.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211,234. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 224. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 217. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 275. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 48. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 234. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.