Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dock Ward of Waterdeep is situated on the Great Harbor of Waterdeep. It contains the docks, shipbuilding yards, and warehouses for the sea trade. Compared to the rest of the city it is exceptionally dirty, smelly, and particularly dangerous. In the words of Elminster himself, the Dock Ward is a "riotous, nigh-perpetual brawl that covers entire acres, interrupted only by small buildings, intermittent trade businesses, an errant dog or two, and a few brave watchguards, who manage to keep the chaos from spreading beyond the docks; the whole lot wallowing in the stench of rotting fish."
Taverns and innsEdit
- Warm Beds, a quiet inn run by Shalath Lythryn.
- The Mermaid's Arms, a rowdy tavern and festhall run by Calathia Frost and favored by the crew of the Sea Sprite; located on Dock Street.
- Heartflame, a festhall on Snail Street owned by Nauloene Tharantra before it burned down on the Night of Pirates in late Uktar, 1367 DR, the Year of the Shield.
- Shipwright, large building located on Dock Street.
- Red Sails Warehouse, economic storage in the form of "coffin-sized lockboxes"; located near Cod Lane.
- Seaswealth Hall, guildhall of the Fishmonger's Fellowship, which oversees the city's fish markets; located on the waterfront.
- The Order of Master Shipwrights, located on Dock Street.
- Dungsweepers' Guild, located on Ship Street.
- Coopers Guild, located in front of Shipper's Hall between Ship Street and Pressbow Lane.
- Cod Lane, alley north of the Mermaid's Arms.
- Dock Street, a busy street the lines the harbor.
- Net Street, street that continues east from the harbor.
- Presper Street, small street shooting off of Ship Street and ending in a cul-de-sac.
- Pressbow Lame, street running north-south and intersecting with Ship Alley.
- Ship Street, which curves north from the harbor.
- Shrimp Alley, street intersecting Ship Street and curving around northward.
- Snail Street, intersected Presper Street at Shrimp Alley.
- Foggy Haven, located on Dock Street.
- Full Sails, located on Dock Street.
- Shipper's Hall, located behind the Coopers Guild between Ship Street and Pressbow Lane.
- The Sleeping Wench, located on Pressbow Lane.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Philip Athans (2008). A Reader's Guide to R. A. Salvatore's the Legend of Drizzt. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 144. ISBN 0-7869-4915-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (2006-01-04). Tharantra Husband-Hunting Again. Waterdeep News. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2016-08-27.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (January 1993). Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 204. ISBN 1-5607-6335-3.