Casting dominate person on a person could give complete control of that person while on the same plane. The caster could command the person to "Move there", "Attack", "Fetch" and the charmed person would attempt to follow its orders to its best ability. The spell could last days if cast by a powerful spellcaster and only those very strong of will could break the spell. but that changed after the Second Sundering where the spells lastability was based on what level the spell was cast with, to a max of 8 hours.
The Netherese arcanist Prug was given the credit for the creation of this spell in -1874 DR. It was originally known as Prug's dominate. Dominate person was a common spell in the Realms in the 1360s DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 24,26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211,235. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 63,109–110. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 233. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 168. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Skip Williams (2000). Conversion Manual. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 15.
- ↑ Spell Index. Consolidated Lists. Wizards of the Coast. (2005-12-19). Retrieved on 2007-06-10.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 14. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.