Dragonheirs had the ability to control dragons by gaze, voice, or touch. A few legends told that the most powerful dragonheirs could harm dragons by gaze or by touch, as well. A dragon affected by the powers of a dragonheir was forced to flee to a remote place and sink into a deep torpor.
The original dragonmasters were the roost masters of the primordials, humans charged to keep their dragon steeds in check. After the dragons defeated the primordials, they began to systematically kill any known dragonmaster, until only a few individuals remained.
The most prominent surviving heirs of the dragonmasters, called dragonheirs in modern times, were those of the Arkeld, Horndragon, Marlserpent, and Relguld clans. The dragons also purged any dragonheir they knew about, and eventually they exterminated the Horndragon and Marlserpent bloodlines, while leaving only a few survivors of the Arkeld and Relguld clans.
Notable Members Edit
- The old king of Amra, who controlled Gauwervyndhal and made her promise she would never attack the Sword Lands.
- Jada Marlserpent, the last survivor of Clan Marlserpent in 1479 DR.
- Realms of the Dead, Wandering Stones short story.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 215. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Lisa Smedman (January, 2010). Realms of the Dead ("Wandering Stones"). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786953632.