King Drasna Bluemantle, also known as Drasna the Fortunate was a human paladin of Torm and the ruler of the kingdom of Ulgarth in southeast Faerûn in the mid- to late 14th century DR. He ruled from the city of Orvyltar.
Although he was the son of the king, Drasna spent his early years as an adventurer. Thanks to his luckblade and stone of good luck, he was able to win against odds that should have felled him, and slew many monsters. For this, he earned the moniker "the Fortunate".
Once he'd become king, Drasna was very serious about his role and dedicated to being a good king. He was a firm believer in no one being denied the king's justice, and was merciful in making judgements.
King Drasna toured the realm regularly, visiting each city once a year at least. He also officiated at grand ceremonies where he knighted the worthy. He would give his judgment to any who asked for it. He wished to keep his subjects satisfied with the kingdom's justice system and had no plans to change it.
Drasna was highly popular with his subjects, who as a result believed completely in the kingdom's feudal system.
Drasna was apparently good friends with a mage of Halruaa, who enchanted the ballistae that defended Orvyltar's harbor. The mage expected to receive a gift of several jars of mingari from Drasna on a later visit.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 80. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 179, 180. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 74. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 73. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 2. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.