Drums were a group of percussion instruments dating back a very long way and used by many races. They were all characterized by a membrane, usually made of skin, which was spanned tightly over some kind of hollow resonating body to create sound.
Known varieties were kettledrums, side drums, bass drums, gong drums, bongos, tom-toms, cylinder drums, the changoo, talking drums, and slit drums. Special variants used in Zakhara were tapered drums or darbukkah, elephant drums, jahlah, the naqqarah, qas'ah baladi, and the tabl. The Iulutiuns had a drum called kilat made of a sealskin over a circle of wood or bone.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Blake Mobley (1992). The Complete Bard's Handbook. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 87–88, 92–93. ISBN 1-56076-360-4.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1990). Dwarves Deep. (TSR, Inc), pp. 4, 9. ISBN 0-88038-880-3.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 63. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (March 1987). “The Ecology of the Korred”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #119 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 42–44.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (February 1994). “Magic to a Different Beat”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #202 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 10–14.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (February 1993). “Sounds of Wonder & Delight”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #190 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 84–88.
- ↑ Rick Swan (1992). The Great Glacier. (TSR, Inc), p. 29. ISBN 1-56076-324-8.