Dumathoin, pronounced (doo-muh-thoe-in), was the patron of Shield dwarves, and the dwarven deity of mining and underground exploration and was known as the Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain. He was also the protector of the dwarven dead. His holy symbol was a cut, faceted gem inside a mountain.
Dumathoin's clerics, known as the talhund ("hidden gifts"), protected mines from disrespectful profiteers as well as sought out new veins and gem deposits. They also supervised all mining activities to ensure that the proper respect was paid to the mountain and produced new stratagem and combat techniques for fighting the many Underdark creatures exhumed during excavation.
- Roger E. Moore (February 1982). “The Gods of the Dwarves”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #58 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 31–35.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 118. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 22,105. ISBN 978-0786965809.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 59–60. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins, James Wyatt (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 96–97. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement. Wizards of the Coast. p. 11. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.
- ↑ Jon Pickens ed. (November 1996). Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 36. ISBN 0786904496.