|This article does not cite its references or sources.
Please help improve this article by introducing appropriate citations. This article has been tagged since 02:09, June 6, 2015 (UTC). If you are using this information for your own research, campaign or general interest, you should not rely on its accuracy.
Eagles were large, majestic birds of prey that were often seen as symbols of nobility or as divine messengers.
They were generally larger than other birds, with a powerful build and heavier head and beak. They possess broad wings allowing for faster flight. Eagles weighed between 8 and 15 pounds with an average wingspan of 7 feet.
Eagles build their nests on tall trees or high cliffs. These nests were called eyries.
Eagles hunted their prey from the sky using their enhanced vision, which enabled them to see small animals from great distances away. They captured food with their long talons and powerful beaks.
Types of eaglesEdit
Eagles were often used in the names of places, families, and organizations. It was also used in spell and item names, such as eagle's splendor.
- Place names
- Family names
- Organization names
|This article is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 322. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 272. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), p. 78. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.
- ↑ slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 4. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (February 2005). Extinction. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 242. ISBN 0-7869-3596-0.
- ↑ Warning: edition not specified for The Companions