Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Earth was a world on an alternate Material Plane.
A number of human peoples of Faerûn originally came from another world, which is widely believed to have been Earth.[speculation] To replenish their population after a devastating plague, the mages of the Imaskar Empire in Faerûn opened two great gates to this other world, and kidnapped numerous humans to serve as their slaves. Those of Mulhorand hailed from a desert land given life by the seasonal flooding of a great river and those of Unther from a land of empire and glory. After transporting them back to Abeir-Toril, the Imaskari closed the gates forever. Intermarrying both with each other and the Imaskari, they became the Mulan. With them, they brought their own societies, mature culture, and later, the gods of the Mulhorandi and Untheric pantheons.
Later came a people from a collection of city-states known for their daring philosophies. These were followed by folk from a rugged land with a culture tied to nature, the sea, and the warrior history of its dozen-king greater god. These brought their own societies and faiths, and settled around the time of the rise of Netheril.
In the Year of the Prince, 1357 DR, an inhabitant of Earth called Ed of the Greenwood assembled various journals, maps, and other works from Elminster Aumar into the first publication of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
Laeral Silverhand also regularly traveled to Earth to visit Steven E. Schend and spoke to him of Waterdeep, even if she did tend to interrupt his writing. He compiled the lore into articles for Dragon magazine.
A number of gods of Egyptian pantheon and the Babylonian and Sumerian pantheons of Earth traveled to Toril and formed the Mulhorandi and Untheric pantheons, respectively. The god Poseidon of the Greek pantheon also had a small following on Toril.
The wizard Elminster's favorite place to relax and find rest off Toril was found in Yellowstone National Park on Earth. He kept a magic portal there from his hideout within planet Coliar, specifically to the Earth year 1894 AD. It was also here that he purchased German beer to sell to his friend Gamalon Idogyr.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), pp. 2, 94. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (November 1994). “"I Sing a Song by the Deep-Water Bay"”. In Kim Mohan ed. Dragon #211 (TSR, Inc.), p. 29.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (1989). The Bloodstone Lands. (TSR, Inc), p. 43. ISBN 0-88038-771-8.
- ↑ Anne Gray McCready et al. (March 1994). Elves of Evermeet. (TSR, Inc), pp. 77–83. ISBN 1-5607-6829-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (2016-01-02). Questions for Ed Greenwood (2016). Candlekeep Forum. Retrieved on 2016-04-02.
- ↑ Douglas Niles and Michael Dobson (1988). The Throne of Bloodstone. (TSR, Inc), p. 30. ISBN 0-8803-8560-X.
- ↑ Dale "slade" Henson, Gary L. Thomas ed. and Karen S. Boomgarden ed. (April 1991). Realmspace. (TSR, Inc), p. 52. ISBN 1-56076-052-4.