She had a ready wit but a quick temper, and kept abreast of all goings-on in Elventree. Although reticent about speaking with strangers, she had a reputation for honesty.
Elanil was strong and confident in her abilities. She was not afraid to give her opinion on a subject, even when not asked. Usually, Elanil quickly gave historical details to support her opinions against those that did not back their opinions with similar evidence. She was able to calm all situations with a single song. Elanil had great diplomatic skill.
During the Rage of Demons of 1485/1486 DR, she was worried about numerous drow arriving on the surface and, with the help of Seranolla of the Emerald Enclave and Zern Xerkstil, she hired an adventuring party to investigate the matter. From a drow prisoner she captured, Elanil discovered that the drow were fleeing Szith Morcane after a fire giant army from Maerimydra occupied the outpost. The adventurers' mission was to find and free the archmage Solom Ned'razak. Later she hired an adventuring party to face her ancestor Meira Faerenduil, now a ghost, in a false battle while disguised as Netherese in order to give peace to her spirit.
The last experience fully convinced Elanil to support political change inside Hillsfar. After gaining support from Hillsfar's Rogue's Guild, she gathered at the village called the Stop an adventuring party and hired them to infiltrate the First Lord's Midsummer Masquerade ball in order to collect intelligence about the city's leaders.
From that mission, Elanil learned of a trip by the First Lord to Yulash. However, a patrol of Red Plumes led by Malkyn Grenefeld arrived at Elventree. Elanil escaped to the Plodding Plow, in the Stop, hoping to find someone to trust and tell that vital information. She entrusted an adventuring party with the infiltration and escaped again.
- The Occupation of Szith Morcane
- Herald of the Moon
- Hillsfar Reclaimed
- Death on the Wall
- Assault on Maerimydra
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 John Terra (February 1995). The Moonsea (Reference Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 26. ISBN 978-0786900923.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Cindy Moore (September 01, 2015). The Occupation of Szith Morcane. (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 7.
- ↑ Cindy Moore (September 01, 2015). The Occupation of Szith Morcane. (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 10.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Matt Hudson (October 1, 2015). Herald of the Moon. (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 7.
- ↑ Template:Cite digital book/Hillsfar Reclaimed
- ↑ Template:Cite digital book/Death on the Wall
- ↑ Greg Marks (March 2016). Assault on Maerimydra. (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 9.