Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Eltan was the founder and leader of the Flaming Fists mercenary company, as well as a Grand Duke of the city of Baldur's Gate in the late 1300s DR. During the iron crisis of 1368 DR, Eltan was nearly assassinated by members of the Iron Throne, but he survived the attempt.
Eltan was a handsome, tall man with black hair and grey eyes. He was usually clad for combat, wearing a full suit of polished plate mail and carrying multiple magical items and weapons. He was extremely wealthy, as a result of leading the wildly successful Flaming Fists company.
A steadfast and principled man, Eltan was respected by many Faerûnian rulers, both for his tactical genius and because he was familiar with the plight of ruling a realm. Eltan had a sincere belief in maintaining the balance of power among the many small kingdoms of Faerûn, and as such actively sought to hire out his Flaming Fists to prevent the formation of empires. Although he had a love of fighting, Eltan strove to keep emotions separated from business.
Duke Eltan owned an enchanted suit of plate mail and a displacer cloak. He wore a girdle of frost giant strength and gauntlets of ogre power, greatly increasing his strength. He disdained the use of a shield, and preferred to bring a hammer of thunderbolts into combat, although he rarely used it. Other weapons in his arsenal included a frostbrand longsword, a magical silver longsword, a magical silver dagger, as well as a telepathic short sword named Roan, which he was greatly attached to. Eltan wore a ring of absorption, a ring of anti-venom, a greenstone amulet, as well as a magical bracelet that allowed him to telepathically communicate with his senior officers.
Eltan was often the subject of assassination attempts, since it was commonly believed that the Flaming Fist would crumble without his leadership.
Eltan kept the counsel of two good friends. The massive fighter Scar was Eltan's right-hand man in the Flaming Fist. The two were close, having known each other since their youth, and Eltan was one of only two people who knew Scar's true name. Moruene, a powerful magic user, was a lifelong friend of Eltan, and his occasional lover.
In combat, Eltan, together with Moruene, would often be protected by the seven senior officers of the Flaming Fist. These visored, plate-clad warriors would form a hedgehog formation around Eltan, willing to give their lives for their leader.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 225. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (DM's Sourcebook of the Realms). (TSR, Inc), p. 34. ISBN 0-8803-8472-7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Thomas M. Reid (1993). AD&D Trading Cards, #126. TSR, Inc..
- ↑ Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 1-56076-334-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 BioWare (1998). James Ohlen, Ray Muzyka. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
- ↑ Beamdog (2016). Phillip Daigle, et al. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Beamdog.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (DM's Sourcebook of the Realms). (TSR, Inc), p. 35. ISBN 0-8803-8472-7.