Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The caster had to acquire the attention of the group first by making a loud noise, shouting, performing, casting calm chaos, or some other means. Once the audience's attention was focused on the caster, the caster had to speak or sing in a language they could understand for one minute without interruption to cast enthrall. If successful, those that were affected would ignore what was happening around them and give complete attention to the caster whom they regarded with friendship. Beings of great wisdom or experience were only made indifferent to the caster, were still aware of their surroundings, and could possibly break free of the enchantment if they observed events not to their liking. Members of an organization, race, or religion opposed to the caster were particularly difficult to sway.
The enchantment lasted as long as the caster continued to speak or sing, for up to 1 hour. During the course of the spell, those enthralled took no action, and for a few minutes thereafter while they discussed the topic or performance. Those entering the area during the performance could also be enthralled. The effect ended if the caster lost concentration or performed any action other than speaking or singing.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211,238. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 227. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 64, 66. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 89, 92. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 87. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 204. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 259. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 152, 153. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), pp. 186, 187. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 238. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.