The Farsea Marshes were located south of the Anauroch desert, west of the Stonelands, north of the Storm Horns mountain range, and east of Sunset Mountains. This wetland eventually joined with the Marsh of Tun some time after the Era of Upheaval to form the Farsea Swamp.
The region originally consisted of a freshwater lake, known as Farsea Lake, that was surrounded by forest planted in rich, moist and deep soil. After the rotational shift of Toril in the Year of Spreading Spring, 1038 DR the water level of Farsea Lake dropped, causing it's shores to become marshy. Insects bred uncontrolled among the remaining stagnant water and as the weather became warmer and drier in the following decades, the entire lake became merely a wetland.
- ↑ James Butler, Elizabeth T. Danforth, Jean Rabe (September 1994). “The Cormyrean Marshes”. In Karen S. Boomgarden ed. Elminster's Ecologies (TSR, Inc), p. 3. ISBN 1-5607-6917-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition (map). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Donald J. Bingle (April 1995). “The Battle of Bones”. In Elizabeth T. Danforth ed. Elminster's Ecologies Appendix I (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-7869-0115-2.
- ↑ Rick Swan (1992). The Great Glacier. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 1-56076-324-8.
- ↑ Donald J. Bingle (April 1995). “The Battle of Bones”. In Elizabeth T. Danforth ed. Elminster's Ecologies Appendix I (TSR, Inc), p. 9. ISBN 0-7869-0115-2.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|