The Ffolk were a race of humans that inhabited the Moonshae Isles alongside the Northlanders. The Ffolk inhabited the southern parts of the Moonshaes, including Flamsterd, Moray, Snowdown and Sunset, and the southern parts of Alaron and Gwynneth. Their society was mainly agricultural and was ruled by a High King or Queen who resided in Caer Callidyrr, the capital of the Ffolk.
Culture and HeritageEdit
Modern Ffolk were mostly of Tethyrian origin, following a large Tethyrian immigration in 467 DR. This caused the Ffolk to lose much of their original racial heritage, although their culture was quite distinct from their mainland cousins and they held to a strong druidic tradition. The Ffolk spent most of their time on peaceful pasttimes such as farming, fishing, hunting, and trading. They were also accomplished ship builders, specializing in a type of ship that was designed to withstand some of the roughest seas.
The first Ffolk to appear on the Moonshae Isles were members of the lost tribes of Talfir who fled Ebenfar to escape the Shadowking Verraketh. Their first settlement was in 140 DR, on a island of island they named Gwynneth After defeating the creature known as Kazgoroth, Cymrych Hugh is crowned king of the Moonshae Isles in 201 DR. The Ffolk controlled the isles up until an invasion by Illuskans forced them to concede the northern section of the isles in 256 DR.
|This paragraph does not cite its references or sources.
Please help improve this paragraph by introducing appropriate citations. This article has been tagged since 21:14, 20 April 2008 (UTC). If you are using this information for your own research, campaign or general interest, you should not rely on its accuracy.
These people worshiped the goddess Chauntea, through her aspect of Jannath, the Earthmother. Their settlements formed a small kingdom, ruled by the High Queen Alicia Kendrick as of 1365 DR. The Ffolk had a deep reverance for nature and the land around them, always respecting the power of even a quiet brook that may pass their fields. The Ffolk were considered to have darker skin and hair than the Northlanders. The Ffolk had a longtime conflict with the other group of people who inhabited the Moonshaes, the Northlanders. The peaceful Ffolk were upset by the aggressive behavior of the Northlanders, who would raid the Ffolk settlements, and rumors still existed[as of when?] of Northlander raids. Northlanders quieted down somewhat when the High King of the Moonshae Isles, Tristan Kendrick, made initiatives towards peace between the two populations of his lands, initiatives which were continued by his daughter, Alicia Kendrick. Further advances in peace between the two peoples were brought about by marriages between Northlanders and Ffolk, almost forcing families to at least tolerate each other.
- ↑ Dale Donovan, Paul Culotta (August 1996). Heroes' Lorebook. (TSR, Inc), p. 124. ISBN 0-7869-0412-7.
- ↑ Douglas Niles (May 1989). Darkwalker on Moonshae. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 0-88038-451-4.
- ↑ Karen Wynn Fonstad (August 1990). The Forgotten Realms Atlas. (TSR, Inc), p. 27. ISBN 978-0880388573.
- ↑ Douglas Niles (1987). Moonshae. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 0-88038-494-8.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ Boxed set: product required
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 68. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 93. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
Minor Ethnic Groups
Arkaiun • Bedine • Chultan • Durpari • Eshowe • Ffolk • Frost folk • Gur • Halruaan • Imaskari • Itza • Lantanna • Maztican • Nar • Netherese • Nubari • Raumviran • Shaaran • Shou • Sossrim • Tabaxi • Talfir • Tashalan • Tuigan • Turami • Ulutiun • Vaasan • Zakharan
Aasimar (Deva) • Abbalaya • Deep Imaskari • Elan • Genasi • Githyanki • Githzerai • Grimlock • Half-drow • Half-eladrin • Half-elf • Half-orc • Shifter • Spirit folk • Tiefling