Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|
A flail is a one-handed, martial melee weapon.
A flail consists of a haft about two feet (60cm) long with a heavy metal ball or rod attached by chain to the end of the haft. The ball or rod is often spiked. An average flail costs 8gp and weighs 5lbs (2.3kg).
Military flails evolved from tools used to thresh grain. These lighter flails are typically used as one-handed weapons from horseback but there is a heavy flail and a dire flail for infantry that require two hands. Flails can be used to trip an opponent and the flexible chain increases the chance of entangling an enemy weapon and disarming them.
- See also: Pole arm#Special Cases
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 38. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 116. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 37,38. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 68. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 117. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Christopher Rowe (March 2011). Sandstorm. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0786957422.