Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flaming sphere (or burning sphere) is a spell that summons a globe of hot flames, which the caster can then move at a speed roughly equivalent to that of a human. The sphere's flames are volatile and any creature caught nearby that is unable to get out of the way is scorched.
In 3.5 edition, the sphere will last for a few minutes, and lasts longer the more powerful the caster. In 4th edition, the sphere dissipates almost immediately after casting on its own, although with a little effort the wizard can maintain the sphere for several minutes or cause it to flare up again. Once the sphere is gone, however, the wizard is unable to reconjure it without substantial rest.
In 3.5 edition, the sphere burns any flammable material it touches, but does not cause damage by movement, as its surface is spongy. It cannot push other objects aside, but it can float over furniture or low walls.
The material components are powdered iron, tallow, and brimstone.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 242. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 61. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 232. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 182. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 183. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 160. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.