In addition to their great size (9 feet tall with a wingspan of 20 feet), these creatures were intelligent and capable of speech.
Giant owls were good-natured and sought to live in harmony with the world. They opposed evil and needless destruction.
Giants owls attacked by gliding above their foes and striking at them with their talons. When possible, giant owls would band together to attack in concert.
Giant owls could be trained to serve as mounts.
A number of magic items in Faerûn were able to summon giant owls:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 327. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 205. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds (2002). Deity Do's and Don'ts. A Faiths and Pantheons Web Enhancement. Wizards of the Coast. pp. 10–15. Retrieved on 2014-09-22.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 121. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 169. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 155. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.