|“||The jingle of gold and the chance to earn glory in the battlefield motivate many people to answer the call to arms. These men and women are mercenaries, willing to fight someone else's battle for the chance to earn a few coins or lasting fame. Gold & Glory describes the mercenary companies of the FORGOTTEN REALMS® Campaign Setting. The famous and the infamous are detailed within: the Flaming Fist, possibly the most powerful private army on Toril; The Mindulgulph Mercenary Company, certainly the most bizarre; the honorable Bushido, the sly Masquerade, the snobbish Order of the Blue Boar, the hard-fighting She-Wolves, and many more. Many of the companies are brought to life in the 16 full-page full color portraits in this sourcebook. Gaming information, including statistics for BATTLESYSTEM™ Game scenarios, is offered as well. Player characters can adventure with these mercenary corps, earning gold and glory for themselves!||”|
Table of ContentsEdit
- Chapter 1: Mercenaries in the Realms
- Map of Mercenary Activities in the Realms
- Chapter 2: Standing Companies
- Chapter 3: Nonhuman Companies
- Chapter 4: Regional Companies
- Chapter 5: Specialists
- Chapter 6: Retired Companies
- Chapter 7: Recruiters
- Chapter 8: Adventuring Companies
- Chapter 9: Current Events
- BATTLESYSTEM™ Game Statistics
- Index of Mercenary Companies by Region
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 1-56076-334-5.
- ↑ Shannon Appelcline. FR15 Gold & Glory (2e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2015-06-28.
- ↑ Tim Beach (1992). Gold & Glory. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-56076-334-5.