The Grand Caliph led the Land of Fate in matters of state as well as faith from his seat, the grand palace in the capital city of Huzuz. The extent of his influence on the more distant parts of his realm, however, often remained in doubt.
The Grand Caliph in 1367 DR[note 1] was Khalil al-Assad al-Zahir, the 18th wearer of the title and direct descendant of the first Grand Caliph, an al-Badia boy who found the teachings of the Loregiver and united all lands of Zakhara under the banner of Enlightenment more than 500 years earlier.
Grand Caliphs of ZakharaEdit
- 1st: First Grand Caliph (ca. 800 DR)[note 1][note 2]
- 2nd: Nasir al-Nasr
- 17th: Achmed al-Assad (until ca. 1345 DR)
- 18th: Khalil al-Assad al-Zahir (from ca. 1345 DR)
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ Canon material does not provide dating for the Al-Qadim campaign setting. For the purposes of this wiki only, the current date for Al-Qadim products is assumed to be 1367 DR.
- ↑ According to the source, the reign of the first Grand Caliph was more than 500 but no more than 600 years before the current time of the setting.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jeff Grubb (August 1992). Land of Fate (Adventurer's Guide to Zakhara). (TSR, Inc), pp. 14–15. ISBN 978-1560763291.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 156. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (August 1992). Land of Fate (Adventurer's Guide to Zakhara). (TSR, Inc), pp. 66, 104. ISBN 978-1560763291.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz (1993). City of Delights (Gem of Zakhara). (TSR, Inc), pp. 13–14. ISBN 1-56076-589-5.
- ↑ Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz (1993). Al-Qadim: City of Delights (Golden Huzuz). (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 1-56076-589-5.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Tim Beach, Tom Prusa and Steve Kurtz (1993). Al-Qadim: City of Delights (Golden Huzuz). (TSR, Inc), p. 35. ISBN 1-56076-589-5.