This spell created a strong blast of air that originated from the caster and moved in the direction he or she was facing. The force of this gust instantly extinguished candles, torches, and other unprotected flames, while it made lanterns and other protected flames dance wildly and potentially even extinguish them too. Creatures caught in the area might also be affected.
Like any natural sudden wind gust, a gust of wind could also whip up a stinging spray of sand or dust; fan a fire; blow over light awnings and hangings; cause a boat to heel; or disperse gases, clouds, or vapors, at least to the limit of its range.
A tiny leather bellows.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 248. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (August 2000). Player's Handbook 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1551-4.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 149. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 183. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.