Gwaeron roamed the North as a mortal ranger many centuries ago. He was raised to demigod status by Mielikki after slaying an avatar and several manifestations of Malar in a short period of time. He has served the Lady of the Forests ever since. In the Time of Troubles, Gwaeron pursued Malar out of the North. He is said to sleep in a stand of trees just to the west of the town of Triboar, known as Gwaeron's Slumber.
Along with Lurue and Shiallia, the Master of Tracking serves Mielikki by teaching her rangers the way to read forest signs. He reports indirectly to Silvanus. He has forged alliances with the deities of the elven, gnome, and halfling pantheons whose portfolios most closely match those of Mielikki, Silvanus, and his own. He opposes Malar the Beastlord. Given that his following is so small and so similar to that of Mielikki, he may be accidentally subsumed as an aspect of the Forest Queen or fall prey to Malar if he is not careful.
His followers were mainly rangers of the North. He represented them well in their trade, and was believed to speak with Mielikki on their behalf. Many rangers believed Mielikki was too wild and mysterious to pay attention to them. Because of this many who might have pledged their heart to her directly turned to Gwaeron as a proxy instead.
There were no temples dedicated to the Master Tracker, but many wilderness trails had markers designated with his holy symbol which doubled as small shrines.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 85. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 235. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 96–97. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), pp. 26–28. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kim Mohan ed. (2015). Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 978-0786965809.
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|