Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
Shimmergloom is the nickname of Haerinvureem. He was a shadow dragon who arose from the depths of the Underdark after the Battlehammer dwarves of Mithral Hall delved too deep in their mithral mines.
Haerinvureem was the last survivor of the Jaezred Clan of Shadow dragons, who conquered the drow city Chaulssin in -221 DR. After centuries of reigning and enslaving, the dragons were overthrown by their own offspring and most were killed in 634 DR. Only Haerinvureem managed to flee.
Shimmergloom in Mithral HallEdit
In the 1100's DR, Shimmergloom drove the dwarves of Mithral Hall from their ancestral home, forcing them to resettle in the Icewind Dale region, and supplanted them with his Duergar servants. Shimmergloom reigned over the hall for roughly one dwarven generation until 1356 DR when Bruenor Battlehammer, the rightful heir to the throne of Mithral Hall, returned to the hall in his adulthood in order to reclaim it. Shimmergloom attempted to retain his hold on the hall through the efforts of his servants, most notably, two shadow mastiffs, although he eventually had to confront the intruders himself, where he was eventually slain by Bruenor after the dwarf strapped a barrel of flaming oil to his back and jumped on to the shadow dragon's back. The ensuing inferno destroyed Shimmergloom, although Bruenor was unwittingly saved by carrying Drizzt's scimitar Icingdeath with him into battle, with the blade's magical protection from fire allowing the dwarf to ride Shimmergloom's burning corpse safely to the floor of the gorge.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Eric L. Boyd (2007-04-25). City of Wyrmshadows (Zipped PDF) p. 2. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2009-10-07.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 R.A. Salvatore (January 1989). Streams of Silver. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-672-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 140. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2005). Streams of Silver. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 2. ISBN 0-7869-1606-0.