Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spell worked on natural terrain and areas with roads. A field could be made to look, sound, and smell like a swamp. A swamp could be covered with the illusion of a badlands, a badlands could look like rolling grassy hills, a hill like a cliff, a cliff like a gentle slope, a crevasse like a mountain pass, a road like a washed-out gully, and so on. Structures and creatures within the area were not hidden or their appearance altered, so an illusion that took this into account was more believable. The more subtle the change, like making a forest appear denser and darker, or increasing the slope of a hill, the less likely those in the area of effect would notice the change. Extreme changes, like a grassy field over a lake, were easily noticed as soon as person interacted with the scenery and fell victim to it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 238. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 87. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 158. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 202. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 150. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 182. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 77, 96. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 77. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.