Haste was a spell that caused the affected target(s) to move and act more quickly than normal.
A creature under the effects of a haste spell could make quicker attacks and dodge attacks with their enhanced speed. The amount of ground they can cover doubled.
The Netherese arcanist Quantoul was given the credit for the creation of this spell in -2022 DR; it was originally called Quantoul's fastmorph. During the Age of Humanity, the spell had the side effect of aging the user one full year. Shortly after the Time of Troubles and the start of the Era of Upheaval, that was no longer the case.
- In the Chondathan spellcasting tradition of Turmish, the verbal component for this spell was made up of harsh syllables and has no material component.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 68,88,209–210,250. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 239. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 149–150. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Loren Coleman (1995). Chronomancer. (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 978-0786903252.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 203. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (November 1988). Azure Bonds. (TSR, Inc), p. 279. ISBN 0-8803-8612-6.