Hathor (pronounced: /ˈhɑːθɔːr/ HA-thor) was a kind and compassionate member of the Mulhorandi pantheon. Known by the name Hatharia in Thay and that of Hathelya in Unther, she was seen as a caring mother figure to those that followed her.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
AvatarEditHathor usually appeared as a Mulan woman possessing the head of cow. She typically wore a linen dress and collar, with a moon disk suspended between her curved horns.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Hathor could heal by touch, as well as cause pregnant woman to give birth to twins. She could charm onlookers with simple words and movements, and create milk that could sustain large crowds. She could calm hostile thought with a simple gaze.
Hathor's will was communicated through the actions of animals such as cows, flowing milk, or the words and actions of infants.
- Sights and sounds
- Hathor warned of danger through the sound of a crying infant, and those lost could sometimes find themselves led to their destination by a beam of moonlight.
- Hathor signaled attention to an area by increasing the numbers of hippopotamus sightings there.
Church of HathorEditThe clergy of the church of Hathor was entirely composed of women of Mulan descent. They traveled Mulhorand, dispensing aide where they could and freely giving the goods they possessed to those in need.
The followers of the Nurturing Mother forgoed the construction of temples, and instead built small shrines dedicated to their deity in populated locations. Small shrines to Hathor could also be found in all homes of small children.
Worship of Hathor was most common in the farmlands of Mulhorand, and she was almost ignored by the nobility. Her typical followers were poor and needy, and sought the aide of She Who is There for Those in Need in their difficult lives.
Clerics of Hathor usually wore a white linen dress and collar. They wore wigs over shaved heads and painted three blue circles on their forehead, a sign of priestly calling in Mulhorand. They also preferred to dye their skin white.
Though it was uncommon for the clergy of Hathor to take up arms, they were known to do so in order to benefit communities in need. In those circumstances, they selected equipment that was practical for the situation.
Clerics of Hathor prayed for spells at night, when the moon was at its highest point in the sky.
The church of Hathor supported no known combat-oriented organizations.
- Sisters of the Merciful Mother
- The members of this order had supreme authority to intercede on the behalf of anyone in need.
Celebrations and festivalsEdit
- The Birthing
- Taking place on the day of the first full moon after Greengrass, the joyous celebration symbolizes renewal and new life.
- Celebration of the Moon
- This festival took place on the eve of Midsummer. The followers of Hathor celebrated the length of the day, and the festivities concluded under the moonlight.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 189. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 143. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 107. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 108. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Intermediate Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|
|Deities of the Age of Humanity|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Major Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Auppenser | Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|