Helmthorn was a hardy, vine-like shrub.
The helmthorn got its name from large, imposing black thorns. The thorns could grow as large as a man's hand. Its indigo berries were often harvested to be either eaten or fermented into a helmthorn wine. Occasionally, the plant would sprout a spring of red berries.
Helmthorn thorns were used as needles and dart points.
- Short stories
- "The Hunting Game" in Realms of the Dragons II
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 79. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sean K. Reynolds, Duane Maxwell, Angel McCoy (August 2001). Magic of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-1964-7.
- ↑ Erik Scott de Bie (2005). Realms of the Dragons II (The Hunting Game). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 64. ISBN 0-7869-3808-0.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jason Carl (July 2002). Silver Marches. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 134. ISBN 0-7869-2835-2.