Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hematite was not magical itself, but it was responsive to enchantments related to blood and life force and was used in necromancy and the healing arts. Specifically, it was used to create magical periapts for healing and foul rotting. A typical stone had a base value of 10 gp.
Only a handful of people (mostly powerful mages that kept the secret to themselves) knew that this common stone was one of the "nine secrets"—minerals that could be enchanted to become ioun stones. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 130. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 126. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 300. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 132. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 41. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.