The player chooses a character and starts in Hillsfar. It was one of the first RPGs that tried to combine simple hack-and-slay style with puzzles. The story was simple, with the player-character just walking around the town and its surrounding area, solving some puzzles and fighting action sequences, while trying to find treasures and weapons. Unlike most role-playing games, there aren't any randomly generated monsters to battle, combat only occurs in the arena.
In the game, there are various mini-games that are required to complete the quests or missions.
- Competing at the archery range.
- Exploring buildings or mazes.
- Fighting in the arena.
- Locking picking doors and chests.
- Riding a horse outside Hillsfar while avoiding obstacles.
- Arlana • Biswon • Brother Serson • Caratacus • Charlie • Dalma • Diane • Eclipse • Franklin Smith • Hector Sam • Janna • Jared Jymn • Kaden • King Maalthiir • Kridar • Lefty • Mordak • Morin • Ottis • Smasher • Ssslader • Tanna • Tina • Tombstone • Tyranthraxus • Wak Rathar • Whiplash
- Dwarf • Elf • Gnome • Half-elf • Halfling • Human • Lizardman • Minotaur • Orc
- Referenced only
- Giant Squid
- Referenced only
- Cormyr • Moonsea • Phlan
|This Realmslore article about a game is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- Programmers: Kirk Fitzgerald, Ethan Grimes
- Artists: Joseph B. Hewitt IV, Maurine Y. Starkey
- Developers: Graeme Bayless, Bret Berry, Charles J. Kroegel Jr.
- Playtesters: Alex Hewitt, Glenn Sperry, Rick E. White
- Manual: Westwood Associates
- Art & Graphic Design: David Boudreau, Peter Gascoyne
- Desktop Publishing: David Boudreau, Peter Gascoyne
- Printing: A&a Printers and Lithographers
- Cover artwork: Clyde Caldwell
- Music Composer: Paul S. Mudra