As the name said, hold portal magical held closed any door, gate, shutter, or window, whether it was fashioned of metal, stone, or wood. It could target only one such opening, but it could be up to 20 square feet (1.85 square meters) in area and up to 100 feet (30 meters) away at minimum casting, while more experienced casters could extend this. For all intents and purposes, the door was securely closed and locked as it would be under normal circumstances. It could still be forced open, but was rather harder to do so.
The required only a verbal component.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25,27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 241. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 135. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 180. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 122. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.