House Dhuurniv was a drow house in Maerimydra and the only house to survive the fall of Maerimydra in 1372 DR. This was due in part to the fact that they had holdings outside the city. Following their escape from the city, they fell in with the Zhentarim's conquest of Shadowdale.
Prior to the Weeping War, Matron Mother Laele Dhuurniv led the Maerimydran forces who wished to reclaim the Land Under Shadow. She accepted the truce that Aolis Ildacer offered the drow but was killed by Aolis's wife Amara Ildacer.
After the events of the Weeping War (711–714 DR), House Dhuurniv was shunned by the other drow houses in Maerimydra for negotiating with the surface elves, despite regaining the Twisted Tower in the process. The three Matron Sisters withdrew largely from Maerimydra and took up residence mostly beneath the Twisted Tower.
After the Silence of Lolth of 1372/1373 DR, the drow of Dhuurniv found themselves as the most powerful house left in Maerimydra. Despite the deaths of both Kurgoth Hellspawn and Irae T'sarran to a band of adventurers, House Dhuurniv was unsuccessful in reclaiming the city and decided to relocate fully to the Twisted Tower.
Some time afterward, House Dhuurniv was contacted by Esvele Greycastle and agreed to an alliance between the Zhentarim, the Church of Shar, and their House. Together they took over Shadowdale briefly in 1374 DR.
- Aunrae Dhuurniv
- Eldest of the Matron Sisters
- Greyanna Dhuurniv
- Middle sister of the Matron Sisters
- Xullrae Dhuurniv
- Youngest of the Matron Sisters
- Azmaer Dhuurniv
- Last drow marshal of the Twisted Tower
- Laele Dhuurniv
- Former Matron Mother of House Dhuurniv
- Lirdnolu Dhuurniv
- A drow cleric who guarded the Skull Subterranes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid (July 2007). Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 82. ISBN 07-8694-039-5.