Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Before the Time of Troubles, House Horlbar was the twelfth ruling house in Menzoberranzan, and Jerlys and Ker Horlbar were co-matron mothers. House Horlbar's two matrons had been a distinguishing feature for 2000 years and were always either sisters or first cousins. The hatred the two leaders traditionally had for each other was only ever outweighed by their hatred of things not of their house. In 1357 DR, Matron Mother Jerlys Horlbar attacked Artemis Entreri in the alleyways of Menzoberranzan while on a secret mission. Unable to flee her wraith, Entreri killed the matron mother.
The main source of income and power for the house was its lucrative agricultural work and its ambitious trading practices. They were not known for house warfare but were said to never forget a slight, sometimes taking generations to instigate their revenge.
- Ker Horlbar
- Co-Matron Mother in 1361 DR.
- Jerlys Horlbar
- Co-Matron Mother, killed by Artemis Entreri
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 R.A. Salvatore (August 1994). Starless Night. (TSR, Inc), p. 93. ISBN 1-56076-880-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Ed Greenwood (1992). Menzoberranzan (The Houses). (TSR, Inc), p. 58. ISBN 1-5607-6460-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ed Greenwood (1992). Menzoberranzan (The Houses). (TSR, Inc), p. 59. ISBN 1-5607-6460-0.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 142. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (August 1994). Starless Night. (TSR, Inc), p. 56. ISBN 1-56076-880-0.
- ↑ Elaine Cunningham (July 2003). Daughter of the Drow (Mass Market Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 203. ISBN 978-0786929290.