Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The House of Skilled Hands was only newly constructed in the Year of Shadows, 1358 DR, and not yet fully staffed. During the Time of Troubles of that year, the deity Torm resided at his temple in Tantras. Torm's zealous priests began persecuting followers of other faiths in the city as "unbelievers". [note 1]
The House of Skilled Hands once installed a series of cargo-lifting cranes in Tantras's harbor, and received a copper piece for every load lifted. These allowed the city to quickly move large quantities of freight, and made it a popular trade destination. Such cranes were recent inventions by the mid-1300s, and were also in use in Baldur's Gate and Scardale and other ports.
- ↑ It is not known if or how the House of Skilled Hands was affected by this religious persecution.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ed Greenwood (1989). Tantras (adventure). (TSR, Inc), p. map. ISBN 0-88038-739-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Uncredited (December 1989). The City of Waterdeep Trail Map. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 978-0880387583.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 110. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 76. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ed Greenwood (November 1998). The City of Ravens Bluff. (TSR, Inc), p. 156. ISBN 0-7869-1195-6.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 214. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 11. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.