An Illithid Body Tamer
|Illithid Body Tamer|
Source: Underdark (p.35)
Illithid Body Tamers followed a discipline called the "Tamer Creed" which said that only a potent military force would ensure Illithid society's future existence. They maintained that only by abstaining from psionics will they strengthen their considerably frail bodies sufficiently enough to become accomplished fighters.
- Code of Mental Abstinence
- By training the body for combat and forgoing the use of their psionic abilities, Illithid Body Tamers could actually improve the fortitude of their bodies. Needless to say, such a payoff was valuable for a race of admittedly physically weak individuals.
- Strength of Arms
- An Illithid Body Tamer could use both its tentacles and its weapon to make a devastating attack against its opponent.
- Death Whirlwind
- An Illithid Body Tamer could psionically power a whirlwind attack, which could potentially kill its opponent instantly.
- Bruce R. Cordell, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Jeff Quick (October 2003). Underdark. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 35. ISBN 0-7869-3053-5.