Iltkazar (the Mithral Kingdom) was a subterranean dwarven realm, originally one of the eight sub-kingdoms of Shanatar, and known for its stone carving and engineering. The term "Iltkazar" came to describe more than just the original sub-kingdom, and by -1900 DR it was used to describe a sub-kingdom of Calimshan. The Shanataran sub-kingdoms of Barakuir, Drakkalor, Holorarar and Ultoksamrin were located in Iltkazar, as well as Zokir, City of Orbs.
As of 1371 DR, Iltkazar was mainly inhabited by shield dwarves, although populations of humans, rock gnomes, svirfneblin and urdunnirin also existed.
In its prime, Iltkazar had an estimated population of 7,506 (mostly shield dwarves) and was ruled by a silver dragon known as King Mith Barak the Clanless, who spent seventy-five out of every hundred years sitting still as a solid mithral statue on his throne. During this time, the Regency Council of Iltkazar ruled the city. It was probably the best defended city in the Underdark.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 234. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 97. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), p. 105. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
- ↑ Kiaransalyn (2006-08-12). Shanatar's sub-kingdoms. Candlekeep Forum. Retrieved on 2010-10-16.
- Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), pp. 97–107. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.