Jump is a transmutation spell used by young or inexperienced wizards that enhances the capacity of its target to jump. When jump is cast on a creature, they became half again as likely to succeed in any jump. The spell is not particularly complex, but drains the mental faculties of a wizard enough that it cannot be cast again until the wizard has rested briefly, perhaps a few minutes, to refocus himself.
Prior to the Spellplague jump was also used by sorcerers and a similar evocation was used by druids and rangers. During this time jump, like all spells, could only be used a number of times per day equal to the number of times a wizard had prepared to use it or a sorcerer had energy left for spellcasting.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25,27. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 254. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 161. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 246. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 67. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.