Khirad, also known as the Star of Secrets, was a star-like Elder Evil from the Far Realm who had taken a place among stars of Realmspace. Unlike normal stars, Khirad didn't have a fixed place in the sky but instead danced and wavered across Realmspace.
Khirad was a blue star.
Sometime in the late 15th century DR, a vestige of Khirad's power had found its way into the domain of Barovia in the Shadowfell, where it offered pacts with creatures who approached it. To those few Khirad bestowed the gift of divination, giving them the ability to use the scrying spell up to three times. Even non-warlocks could be granted this ability from the star. Those who were granted the gifts of Khirad had their voices turned into whispers, and their smiles seemed cruel and evil to onlookers.
- Curse of Strahd (mentioned)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Christopher Perkins, Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman (March 2016). Curse of Strahd. In Kim Mohan ed. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 193. ISBN 978-0-7869-6598-4.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 179. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Bruce R. Cordell (2009). City of Torment. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 184. ISBN 978-07869-5184-0.
- ↑ Bruce R. Cordell (August 2008). “Wish Upon a Star”. In Chris Seaman and John Stanko ed. Dragon #366 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 18.
K'Thoutek • King-Killer Star
Galleon Nebula • Color Spray Nebula
Far Realm-infested stars
Acamar • Caiphon • Delban • Gibbeth • Hadar • Khirad • Nihal • Zhudun
Other astronomical bodies
Caer Windlauer • Skull of the Void