Laroun had cerulean eyes, a hawklike nose, and a strong brow.
Laroun ruled the settlement from 974 DR, the year Castle Waterdeep was completed, up until her death in 1026 DR. During her rule, she established a naval guard in 998 DR, the same year construction work began on fortifications for the harbour and Deepwatch Isle. The fortifications were finished in 1010 DR, which is when the settlement took on the name "Free City of Waterdeep." Laroun was killed in 1026 DR by archers during raids on the city by Black Claw orcs. Ahghairon honored her final wish to always be able to protect Waterdeep by binding a part of her departing soul in the magical axe Azuredge.
Laroun was one of the members of Clan Wardragon, which was dispersed across northwest Faerûn. In 1479 DR, her descendant Meloon Wardragon successfully retrieved Azuredge from the Nameless Haunt in the Pellamcopse Woods and was granted the privilege of wielding it.
- ↑ The name "Lauroun" is used on pages 29 and 30 of the Campaign Guide from the 2nd edition City of Splendors boxed set as well as the writeup of Azuredge in Encyclopedia Magica, but the name "Laroun" is used on page 9 of the 3.5 edition City of Splendors: Waterdeep and pages 113 & 115 of The Grand History of the Realms. The name from the more recent sources have been used in this article.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 9. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (September 2008). Blackstaff Tower. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 0-7869-4913-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), pp. 29–30. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ slade et al (December 1994). Encyclopedia Magica Volume I. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 112–113. ISBN 1560768428.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (September 2008). Blackstaff Tower. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 228–229. ISBN 0-7869-4913-9.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 10. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (September 2008). Blackstaff Tower. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 170–171. ISBN 0-7869-4913-9.
|This Realmslore article about an individual is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|