Laws of Cormyr
- All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
- Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
- Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group.
- All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
- Harming cats is forbidden.
- Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
- Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
- Hunting on private land is forbidden.
Cormyrian maritime law governs the activities of Cormyrian ships on the Sea of Fallen Stars. Captains of ships on which individuals commit crimes will usually imprison the individual in question in the ship's brig until making landfall in Cormyr where local authorities will deal with the case. Mutiny is usually a hanging offence, although there are a small number of cases in Cormyr where mutineers have been spared. Piracy is dealt with harshly: upon the first offence, the pirate has one hand cut off. Upon a subsequent offence, the pirate is put to death. Fishermen must pay the local authorities for the right to fish in Cormyrian waters.
- ↑ John Terra (November 1997). Four from Cormyr. (TSR, Inc), p. 6. ISBN 0-7869-0646-4.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb (April 1998). Cormyr: A Novel (Paperback). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 170. ISBN ISBN 0-7869-0710-X.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 14. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1999). Sea of Fallen Stars. (TSR, Inc), p. 15. ISBN 0-7869-1393-2.