Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lightning bolt was an evocation spell that caused arcs of lightning to emanate from the caster's fingertips.
The searing bolt of electricity traveled in a straight line emanating from the caster. Older versions of this spell struck all in its path, while newer versions were aimed at a particular creature and then, with skill, could be forked to hit one or two other creatures.
The bolt from the older versions was powerful enough to blast a wooden door to cinders, set fire to combustible materials, splinter a hand-depth of stone, or melt soft metals such as gold, silver, copper, lead, or bronze.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 162. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 248. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Wizards of the Coast (2005-12-19). Spell Index (HTML). Consolidated Lists Archive. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2015-08-22. “A consolidated index of spells from the 3.5 Player’s Handbook and Spell Compendium.”
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 151. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 194. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 74. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. ??. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Dan Mishkin (May 1990). “Day of the Darkening”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #18 (DC Comics), p. 17.