|FRWiki has an article about|
The Akanûl region of Living Forgotten Realms is mapped onto the nation of Canada.
At a Glance Edit
|Point of Contact||Chris Wachal|
|Writing Director||Stephen Baker|
|Events Admin||Dominic Amann |
Chris Wachal, the PoC, maintains a blog dedicated to the Akanûl region.
Yahoo Group Edit
The Yahoo group for the Akanûl region is "Akanul": <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/akanul/>.
Regional Groups Edit
There are local groups for:
In the wake of the spellplague, around the Year of Blue Fire, the land of Shyr from the world of Abeir (of Abeir-Toril origin) was transposed onto the area of what was formerly Chondath. Akanûl is now populated by genasi.
Some years later after their rough arrival to Faerûn, Akanûl was beset by the Abolethic Sovereignty and barely survived contact.
The land of Akanûl is now one of ruined cities that lie broken across deep ravines and atop tall ridges. In addition, levitating islands of land dot the realm. Some have their own jungles, lakes, and impossibly even rivers that waterfall over their edges, creating a fine mist on the land below.
The land now known as Akanûl is ruled by the genasi, who primarily dwell in their capital city of Airspur, the rest of the area being a wild landscape.
The sea of the Vilhon Reach, like elsewhere, was partially drained by the events that occurred during the Spellplague. Cities thought long-ago lost since the days of Jhaamdath have surfaced. There is doubtless riches still to be gained in these ruins, though it is said that those who seek them return mad.
The Chondalwood jungle has grown much wilder, and the landscape is much more rough and jagged. The jungle seems to have thrived in the hundred years since the spellplague. The previous centaur and halfling occupants of this land are gone, and instead one finds spellscarred fey and feral elves who attack anyone entering their realm.
Airspur - Capital of the genasi nation of Akanûl
Reth - A town under the sway of Bane, presumably led by Lady Glorganna. Half of the city still lays at the bottom of the Bay of Silvanus.
Notable NPCs Edit
Lady Glorganna - presumed to rule the city of Reth, off of the Nun Coast.
The nation of Shyr on Abeir was a land ruled by genasi.
- Amidst goblin raids originating from the ruined town of Galain, you are asked by a young genasi woman to locate her brother. Lost or deceased, it’s up to you to find him! A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Akanûl for characters levels 1-4.
- Available Reskins:
- Kidnappers have taken the daughter of a wealthy noble lord. You are entrusted with the task of saving her before it’s too late. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Akanûl for characters levels 4-7.
- Available Dec 10, 2008.
- Trinkets and gold pieces are not the only revenue involved in clearing out a dungeon. Sometimes the dungeon itself is worth a hefty sum. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Akanûl for characters levels 7-10.
- Available Feb 25, 2009.
- When the Spellplague brought Akanûl to the Realms, many items were shattered and lost. Pieces of something are now surfacing, and it is imperative that the government of Akanûl finds it before anyone else. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Akanûl for characters levels 4-7.
- Available Jun 24, 2009.
- A package lands in your hands, and sounds of combat are all around. Whatever is within must reach its destination, and only you can carry it there now. What do you do? A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Akanûl for characters levels 7-10.
- Available July 22, 2009.
- ↑ Shawn Merwin. Quarter 4 2008 Adventure Release Schedule. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2008-10-02.