Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|FRWiki has an article about|
The Moonshae Isles region of Living Forgotten Realms is mapped onto the western United States, including the states of Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.
The Moonshae Isles region in-game comprises the Moonshae Isles and its environs.
At a Glance Edit
Regional Administrators Edit
This region is retired as an actively developed region as of Q4 2010
|Point of Contact||Michael Mockus|
|Writing Director||JP Chapleau|
|Events Manager||Leonard Logan|
Discussion Groups Edit
From long-standing practice, Living campaigns and the regions within have a discussion group, such as Yahoo or Google, for members to discuss current ongoings. It's a convenient mechanism for players to talk amongst themselves and also the campaign staff.
The Google group for Moonshae Isles is "Moonshaes": http://groups.google.com/group/moonshaes
The Yahoo group for Moonshae Isles is "LFR-Moonshaes": http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LFR-Moonshaes/
Local area forum groupsEdit
- Pueblo (Colorado) D&D 4e Meetup site: 
- Boulder/Longmont (Colorado) D&D 4e Meetup site: http://dnd.meetup.com/1226/
- Fort Collins (CO) RPG Connection Meetup site: http://www.meetup.com/Fort-Collins-RPG-Connection/
- Kansas City (KS/MO) Living Kansas City: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/livingkc
- Kansas City (KS/MO) Role-players Guild of Kansas City (RPGKC): http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rpgkc
- Lawrence (KS) Lawrence Gaming: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lawrencegaming
- Omaha (NE) Ground Zero Omaha Living Forgotten Realms Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/GZO_LFR/
- Omaha (NE) Omaha Cavaliers yahoo group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmahaCavaliers/
- Wichita (KS) Wichita RPGA: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wichita_RPGA/
Conventions that occur in the real-world region of Moonshae Isles include the following:
- Shauncon XXVII November 19-22, 2009, Kansas City, MO
- Genghis Con XXXI February 11-14, 2010, Denver, CO
- MAGE Spring Con 2010 April 23-35, 2010, Sioux City, IA/South Sioux City, NE
- MAGE Con South 2010 September 3-6, 2010, Sioux City, IA/South Sioux City, NE
- Nuke-Con 2010 October 1-3, 2010, Omaha, NE/Council Bluffs, IA
- Nanocon 8 November 5-7, 2010, Madison, SD Remember, Remember, the 5th of November!
Adventuring Companies Edit
- Dragon Slayers United
- Dragon Slayers United is a steadfast corps of adventurers with one goal: to the defend Faerûn from the forces of darkness, be it Dragon or otherwise.
- Local 5321 is an adventuring company based on honor and respect for the natural world. We have a T-Shirt.
- sponsorship provided by the merchant house Charsick.
Moonshae Islands Edit
- Also see the FRWiki article on Moonshae Isles
One of the things to be aware of is the weather. It is almost always cool, foggy and rainy in the Isles. The environment, including the weather, should play an important part of any adventure in the Moonshae.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Alaron
Adventures on Alaron should feature an air of “normalcy”, in that it is the island where most foreigners find themselves at home. The King rules from Callidyrr, humans form the majority of the population.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Gwynneth
Gwynneth is an island inhabited by fey, including eladrin and elves. Adventure on Gwynneth should have a large sneaking or secretive element, where the PCs can have to avoid the fey to accomplish their goals. Human (i.e.: non-fey) are forbidden on Gwynneth.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Moray
The island of Moray is infested by lycanthropes and their humanoid allies. Adventures on Moray should display a somewhat desperate theme. The humans are not winning on this island. However it has too many valuable resources like coal and metals to abandon.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Norland
The island of Norland is home to a more traditional Northlander culture. Adventures on Norland should focus on the martial virtues and way of life of the Northlander. Raider, piracy, pillaging. Norlanders have a particular hatred for Amnians.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Oman
The Island of Oman is now ruled by the Fomorians and their lackeys. This island should only be used for paragon and epic tier adventures.
- Also see the FRWiki article on Snowdown
Snowdown is an island under Amnian control. Snowdown is most even, warmest climate in the Isles. It is also the most “civilized” of the islands with an extensive and good quality road network and few roaming monsters. Adventures in Amn should have an air of foreign occupation.
- MOON1-1 Nature’s Wrath by Michael Mockusy Michael Mockus
- Faith in the Chauntea runs strong amongst the Ffolk, and the village of Warlsbry is no exception. The village appears to have fallen from favor, and now the beasts of field and sea bring their wrath against the village. You must return the village to the gods' good graces or it may not survive the coming winter. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in the Moonshae Isles for characters levels 1-4.
- Available now.
- MOON1-2 The Sea Drake by Jean-Philipe 'JP' Chapleau
- Valiant seafarers travel among the Moonshae Isles every day, bringing food, supplies and information to isolated, insular communities. You have been hired as guard aboard the Sea Drake, a sturdy Nordman vessel. The weather is rainy and the fog is thick: a perfect time to sail the waters of the Moonshaes. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in the Moonshae Isles for characters levels 4-7.
- Available now.
- MOON1-3 Black Gold by Leonard Logan
- Dirty Barnison got his treasure, a mysterious, metallic stone. A visiting noble from a far away land now asks you to help him find some more of it and is willing to pay for your efforts. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in The Moonshae Isles for characters levels 7-10.
- Available now.
- MOON1-4 Black Blood Jean-Philipe 'JP' Chapleau
- The Black Blood tribe holds sway over much of the island of Moray. An ambitious young man wants to break their power and make the Island safe again. However, he cannot do it alone. Part 2 of The Fisherman Major Quest. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in the Moonshae Isles for characters levels 7-10.
- Available now.
- MOON1-5 Lost Love by Mick Hand
- Moonshadow, an old eladrin adventurer, has been missing for years: Long enough to be forgotten by man, but an eladrin’s life is much longer than most. An old love seeks to find out what has happened to him. This adventure begins or continues the Fey Gates of the Sea of Swords major quest that started in BALD1-5 Lost Refuge. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in The Moonshae Isles for characters levels 7-10.
- Available September 9, 2009.
- MOON1-6 Black Heart by Jean-Philipe 'JP' Chapleau
- As if the lycanthropes of Moray, the giants of Oman and the beasts of Norland were not enough, something evil and dangerous lurks in the dark corners of what used to be the most civilized island of the Moonshae. Occupied Snowdown has need for heroes, and soon. Something about vampires roaming the streets of Westphal… Choose your friends well and your enemies even better. This is the conclusion of “The Fisherman” major quest. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in The Moonshae Isles for characters levels 11-14.
- Available Q4 2009.
- MOON1-7 Treasure Hunt by Timmy Crease
- An old bard’s tale, a sunken ship, a lost artifact and a foreign captain: Secrets lost for decades may come to light if you embark on this treasure hunt. You may find riches or be the main course on some beast’s table. Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in the Moonshae Isles for characters levels 7-10.
- Available Q4 2009.