A group of lizardfolk.
|Type||Natural humanoid (Scaled One)|
|Location||Marshes, swamps (Chult)|
|Length||3-4' (including tail)|
|Skin color||Brown, gray, or green scales|
|“||This tall humanoid looks like a cross between a powerfully build human and a lizard. It has clawed hands and, a long tail, and toothy jaws.||”|
Their scales are normally dull, earthy colors such as green, brown, or gray. They have a tail for balance, although they've also been know to be used for bludgeoning in combat. Tails usually measure three to four feet (0.9 to 1.2m) long. Typical weight is between 200 and 250 pounds (90 and 113 kg). There are several species of lizardfolk however, and these can range from three-foot (0.9m) tall pygmies, to nine-foot (2.7m) tall giants.
Lizardfolk society is primarily patriarchal, with the strongest member normally in charge. Shamans are typically counselors, and normally do not lead tribes. Wherever they make their home, survival is the main priority for any lizardfolk. Lizardfolk mostly worship the deity Semuanya, whose main agenda is the reproduction and survival of the species. However, like goblins, it is likely that Bane is he who most lizardfolk now worship.
In the RealmsEdit
Despite this, they are also native to one area in the North, the Marsh of Chelimber where they were ruled over by Eldrith the Betrayer before a band of heroes from Baldur's Gate ended her mad and tyrannical rule over the marsh.
- Lizard King
- Demon-blooded lizardfolk who often rule tribes of their non-fiendish kin. Lizard kings are usually cultists of Sess'innek.
- Sepia colored, roughly humanized lizardfolk. They have the ability to breath fire and are usually found near volcanoes.
- Larger, with dark scales and an affinity towards acid.
- Lizardfolk with genetic relations to black dragons.
- Poison Dusk
- Smaller, chameleon-like lizardfolk who frequently utilize poison.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5, p. 169. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms, p. 131. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.
Blackscale • Dark talon lizardfolk • Greenscale • Lizard king • Poison dusk lizardfolk • Quanak • Viletooth
Banelar naga • Bone naga • Bright naga • Celestial naga • Dark naga • Faerûnian ha-naga • Guardian naga • Hydra naga • Iridescent naga • Primordial naga • Spirit naga • Water naga
Yuan-ti abomination • Yuan-ti anathema • Broodguard • Extaminaar • Yuan-ti holy guardian • Ignan • Yuan-ti mageslayer • Yuan-ti malison • Yuan-ti pureblood • Tainted one • Wretchling
Asabi • Blightborn troglodyte • Histachii • Ophidian • Pterafolk • Sarrukh • Saurial • Ssvaklor • Ti-khana • Tren • Troglodyte