Tarkhaldale was considered one of the dales in the Dalelands, despite being located between Anauroch and the Dalelands. It was generally unmarked on maps, but was located west of Shadowdale.
- Unnamed saurial village
In ancient times, Tarkaldale flourished as a farming and mining community. When the Anauroch desert spread, the region was abandoned to orc and goblin tribes. In 1360 DR, a group of saurials escaped from their imprisonment by the god Moander and made their home in the dale. Later, the Netherese drove the saurials away and took over the dale.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 112. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak (August 1997). Finder's Bane. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 23. ISBN 0-7869-0658-8.
- Sean K. Reynolds (February 2002). “Lords of the Lost Vale”. In Jesse Decker ed. Dragon #292 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 36–43.
- Jon Pickens ed. (November 1996). Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0786904496.
- Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.