Maalthiir was a merchant and a wizard who came to rule the city of Hillsfar.
Maalthiir was an unknown quantity in the Moonsea. Few knew much more about him other than the fact that he was a particularly shrewd merchant and a mage. During the winter of 1356/57 DR, Maalthiir overthrew the potentially corrupt Council of Hillsfar using blackmail and threats of harm. [note 1]
Maalthiir was a greedy, sadistic individual who had a distinct devotion to mercantile power. He regularly arranged for random executions and torture within his realm.
Maalthiir was noted as having a single friend from before his rise to power: Wak Rathar. Maalthiir fostered a wizard apprentice, Mordak Brelliar, who acted as Maalthiir's chief advisor and second-in-command.
|This Realmslore article about an individual is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|
- ↑ Elminster once wrote that the council was corrupt but admitted that his information was mostly second-hand and hadn't been verified.
- ↑ John Terra (February 1995). The Moonsea (Reference Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 978-0786900923.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 160. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds, Darrin Drader, Wil Upchurch (June 2006). Mysteries of the Moonsea. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 47. ISBN 0-7869-3915-X.
- ↑ Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds, Darrin Drader, Wil Upchurch (June 2006). Mysteries of the Moonsea. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 48. ISBN 0-7869-3915-X.