Up to three[note 1] small stones no larger than sling bullets could be enchanted to become magical projectiles that could be used in a ranged attack. The dweomer lasted 30 minutes before the pebbles reverted back to normal. Whomever used the stones had to make a normal range attack, either by throwing or slinging, but with the added bonus due to the magic on the stones, it was a bit easier and worked on targets that only magic weapons could strike. The transmuted bullets were particularly effective against undead, potentially doing double damage.
Verbal and somatic components and the caster's holy symbol or divine focus were required, plus the three stones. The enchantment version of this spell required the pebbles be untouched by tool or magic as a prerequisite.
- ↑ The earliest version of this spell allowed the caster to enchant one stone for every five experience levels. See page 33 of the Unearthed Arcana 1st edition sourcebook.
- ↑ David Noonan, Stacy Janssen eds. (April 2015). Elemental Evil Player's Companion. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 12–13,20.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 251. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 28, 201. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 39, 256. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Gary Gygax (August, 1985). Unearthed Arcana (1st edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 33. ISBN 0880380845.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 201. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 256. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.